The Student Academic Support Process(SASP)
The University Registrar
Wollo University is aware of its responsibility become an institution that contributes its share for the development of the nations economy through the advancement of service and technology. The University must play a major sole in producing educated manpower that fulfill the current national and global market demand.
To meet these and other objectives, the university establishes organizational structure that enables to deliver quality and cost effect service to its customers conduct quality research that can promote scientific knowledge.
The studentís Academic support Process (SASP) /the university registrar/ is one of the sub processes under the academic core process of the university.
It is responsible for all operational matters pertaining to student admission, selection and placement, students registration, allocation of class rooms, lecture halls and keeping academic records of all the colleges/Institutes and graduation. The office carries on the duties and responsibilities upholding the supremacy of the legislation in compliance with other laws and regulations of the university in close cooperation with collegeís /institutes and other offices of the university.
The SASP /Registrar/ shall:
Contact Address: +2510331190590
- Prepare the academic calendar of the university each year in consultation with the academic process owner/AVP/ and submit to the senate for approval.
- Ensure that pertinent laws, the legislation directives of the senate and its guidelines on students (Admission, registration, graduation etc) and curricula (courses, Credit requirements etc) are equitably observed
- Maintain up-to-date records of study of the university.
- Create and maintain up-to-date, confidential, private, safe and permanent records of all students, including dropouts, dismissals, withdrawals and alumni of the different programs.
- Create and maintain up-to-date and accurate information on student admission, placement, registration, academic performance, retention, attrition and graduation based on types of programs and modes of delivery.
- Ensure that optimum use is made of class rooms, lecture halls and laboratories and maintain accurate records of such utilizations.
- Prepare and issue the academic calendar, students hand books, etc of the university on a regular basis.
- Issue transcripts degrees, diplomas and certificates.
- Be responsible for the custody of the university.
- Perform such other tasks consistent with the mission of the office as may be assigned to it by the senate, the academic process owner and AVP;
- Support, coordinate and oversee the registrar (sub-process)of the university.
- Without prejudice, to the proclamation and up on approval of the president and Vice-president, consult with the ministry of education on intake capacity, admission and self university wide general criteria for admission as per the decision of the senate.
- Oversee the colleges /institutes intake
- Prepare the list of candidates approved by the academic commissions or boards eligible for the award of degrees, diplomas and certificates.
- Mange all finance related issues of the office.
- Perform such other tasks as assigned by the business owner, process owner or the senate